The Heimbach National Park gate invites you to go on a journey of discovery with the motto “Forest secrets”: follow the audio tale through a forest labyrinth. The animal-in-chief – the wild cat – chats with a black stork about its experiences in the National Park. Entry is free.
- Tourist Information
- “Waldgeheimnisse” (Forest secrets) exhibition
- Digital terrain model
- National Park films
Information on barrier-free accessibility:
- wheelchair accessible
- disabled toilet
- Some films with subtitles and sign language
- Texts also provided in Braille
- Numerous tactile elements
- The arrangement of the exhibition makes it easy to walk around with a stick
The National Park gate is the starting point for free guided tours of the Kermeter and Hetzingen forests: The Monastery route ranger tour begins here at 11.15am each Friday.
1st April to 31st October from 9am to 5pm
1st November to 31st March from 10am to 4pm