Spend four days walking through the National Park. If you book the Wilderness Trail as a package, you don’t need to worry about organising transfers or accommodation with breakfast, and you can choose your own level of luxury. This is all thanks to the Monschauer Land tourist association.
Walk from Monschau-Höfen in the south of the National Park to its northernmost point at Hürtgenwald-Zerkall. There are four daily stages, each covering between 18 and 25 kilometres.
The booking form can be found below.
The package costs from 269 EUR* and includes:
- Three nights in a double room at a certified National Park host, with breakfast
- Transfer by the Rurtalbahn local train from the National Park information point at Zerkall to the Heimbach National Park gate and then back to the start – the Höfen National Park gate – at the end of the walk by the Trail Express bus
- The official hiking map for the Eifel National Park
- The “Wilderness Trail” book
- The hiking pass with certificate and a Wilderness Trail pin once you have completed the walk through the Eifel National Park
The following extras are available for an additional fee:
- Single room
- Additional nights’ accommodation so you can incorporate lazy days
Luggage transfers to your next accommodation
- Central accommodation with a single National Park host, who will transfer you to the start of each daily stage and collect you from the stage destination each evening.
- You can also arrange to be accompanied by certified National Park forest guides.
In order to guarantee smooth organisation, we requires that you inform us of your booking request at least ten days prior to your arrival.
If you want to configure your own Wilderness Trail, simply choose your own accommodation and book your ticket on the “Trail Express” dial-a-bus service in advance.
To make your booking or ask any questions about the package, please call the Monschauer Land tourist association on +49 (0) 2473 93770 (1.30pm to 3pm)
*The price is subject to change. Current prices are provided by the Monschauer Land tourist association.